Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Electronic Communication

Electronic Communication: Reflection

Of all of the different types of communications we have experienced in this class, electronic communication is the one that is becoming bigger and bigger. E-mailing, Facebook, MySpace, text messaging, etc. are all types of electronic communication that are widely used and gaining popularity. In English 250, I think I gained the most electronic experience by communicating through e-mail and using the class moodle to get the information I needed.

I learned that when sending an e-mail, I needed to be thorough and ask myself how the other person is going to read what I am trying to say (because they can’t just ask me a question if they misunderstand me- like they could with oral communication). Thoroughly examining my e-mail saves me and the other person time and confusion by not having to go back and forth to clarify what I am trying to communicate. Also, I am glad that we had to e-mail our assignments to Ms. Martin because that taught me how to confidently use the “add attachment” feature.

Using the class moodle has helped me to navigate through a website to get important information. This is beneficial because I’m sure that in future classes and even in my future job, I will use the skills of using an on-line site to find information.

As I said, electronic communication is growing, so gaining the skills of communicating electronically is essential to my life as a student and future in having a career.

No comments: